Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day 28: Key West

ARRIVED IN KEY WEST!!

I didn't plan on this being the last day but the wind was not blowing in my face (for once!) and the forecast for tomorrow has the wind in my face with thunderstorms... I did not want to have put on my favorite outfit one more freaking time and ride in that mess! After 28 days on the road I was definitely ready to be done. So I went ahead and rode the last 50 miles to the end of US Highway 1 which made for 127 miles today and 1,819 miles total. It was a long, hot day but not nearly as bad as some of my shorter days! Since the wind was not with me but not against me either I could cruise along at around 20 mph which felt so great! But whoever designed the bike route here in the Keys has obviously never ridden a bike! Tight curves, wavy up and down pavement, tree roots, and dangerous intersection make the road a safer place to ride! Seriously, hitting a tree root speed bump at 20 mph with sweaty hands will bring you uncomfortably close to eating asphalt.

*Donate to the Kayla Smith Fund*

My 11 year old cousin has been progressively losing motor function (such as walking or talking) for the last 2 years and has no diagnosis. Her insurance will not work with the hospital, so she needs our help in order to get some answers!

Donations:
Credit Union of America
711 W. Douglas
Wichita, KS 67213
Checks payable to "Kayla Smith Fund"
(800) 256-8049

No comments:

Post a Comment